Our business works because we use as few resources as we can. Fewer resources equal less waste. We simply could not afford to offer you such low prices if we were wasteful or inefficient. That is why we reward our Production teams for reducing waste and we pay bonuses to anyone in the nettl family who has an idea on how we can work more efficiently.
Here are some of the things we already do to help reduce our impact on the environment;
- Any unavoidable waste paper is compacted and recycled;
- All our paper comes from sustainable sources;
- All other waste is separated into seventeen distinct streams for recycling or reprocessing;
- Ink is pumped direct from drums, rather than small cartridges in wasteful packaging;
- Our printing plates are recycled;
- Used chemicals are disposed of responsibly;
- We use biodegradable laminate;
- We regulate our energy consumption;
BIODEGRADABLE LAMINATED PRINT
We thought it was time to consider what we could do better. Since we watched Sir David Attenborough on the BBC presenting Blue Planet 2, it’s been impossible to ignore the impact of single use plastics on our oceans and wildlife. On 1st August 2018, we switched all of our matt and gloss laminated print to a new biodegradable laminate. That’s every laminated business card, flyer, folder, booklet cover, appointment card and postcard.
It looks like regular lamination and feels lovely. When the print reaches the end of it’s useful life, it composts. Within two years it’s gone. Without leaving any contaminants in the soil.
YOUR FAVOURITE PRODUCTS. BETTER
Now, when you choose any product from our Starmarque Bio, Luxury Bio or Fabu-gloss Bio ranges, (or any other laminated product) you’ll know that it uses an eco-friendly lamination which won’t end up damaging the environment.
Nettl understands its duty to operate to the highest levels of quality whilst respecting the environment. Our environmental policy forms the cornerstone of our efforts to protect the environment, prevent pollution and continually improve our environmental performance. Through the maintenance of formal environmental management measures, we:
- Meet and, where possible, exceed the requirements of all relevant environmental laws, regulations, other requirements;
- Use only paper manufactured from sustainable, well-managed forests;
- Assess and manage the significant environmental aspects of our operations;
- Monitor and minimise the levels of waste generated by our operations and seek to reuse and recycle where practicable;
- Invest in modern technology and machinery to minimise the consumption of energy and water in relation to our manufacturing processes;
- Work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation;
- Communicate our aims to everyone who works with us, to ensure they are all aware of their environmental responsibilities in relation to our operations;
- Set annual targets for environmental improvements;
- All the above aspects are subject to continual review, evaluation and refinement.
400gsm Starmarque Bio Business Cards
Biodegradable matt laminate on both sides with shiny spot gloss highlights on one side.
Super Smooth 400gsm Luxury Bio Menus
Our new bio matt lamination will protect your menus from daily wear and tear.
300gsm Bio Matt or Gloss Laminated Postcards
You can choose between biodegradable gloss or matt laminate on our 300gsm postcards.
Super Shiny 400gsm Fabu-Gloss Bio Folders
Invest in these eco-friendly gloss laminated folders to power dress your documents.