Christmas is Coming
With summer and the NZ holiday season just around the corner, staff and customers alike are gearing up for the end of the year. Most businesses shut down for a few weeks for some RnR. However in the midst of all the excitement, business owners are likely asking themselves with a measure of concern, ‘What are we going to give as corporate gifts this Christmas?’ Most people love to give gifts to their friends and family, so why the hang-up with gifts to customers and staff?
First things first. Why even worry about corporate gifts? Do they matter? Why should we, as business owners and managers go out of our way to give gifts to clients? Here are 5 reasons why it’s a worthwhile investment.
1. Gifts help develop your relationships – everyone loves a gift and most people feel endeared to the gift giver. The psychology is no different in corporate gifting – customers will be surprised, thankful and likely more loyal to you. It’s an awful lot harder for a customer to stop doing business with you when they have received gifts from you.
2. When you’re in the early phase of a successful relationship with a customer, it’s important that they remember who you are. Perhaps they’ve simply trialed your products or services, but you’re yet to be on their regular shopping list. Send them a branded gift and they’ll be more likely to remember you, and order from you in the future.
3. A corporate gift is actually a cheap and easy advertising strategy – consider a branded gift vs advertising and you will soon realise that it’s more targeted, more memorable, more long lasting and so delivers much better value for money.
4. It’s always nice to get a thank you – New Zealand is a small country and your customers often have a choice in who they do business with. A simple thank you gift goes a long way to maintain loyalty in the face of stiff competition.
5. Don’t think of your corporate gifts as a cost, but rather as an investment. Why not even run some analytics? Identify your top twenty customers and then gift the top ten twice in the year and measure your return from those customers vs the other ten customers – you may well be surprised by the result, but we won’t be!
Short for ideas?
At Christmas, what options do you have for corporate gifts? How do you do something a little different? How do you stand out from the crowd?
Food and Drink
Everyone loves good food. How about a wooden cheese board branded with your company logo, along with a selection of fine cheeses and a bottle of wine?
Or perhaps consider a range of mugs with your branding – every office needs cups in the kitchen, and they generally stay in the cupboard for ages. We have a broad range of mugs that can be branded both on the inside and outside. Dare to bold – talk to us about creative ways to get your message across.
Long Lasting gifts
We have a range of canvas pictures in various sizes which can be printed with any message or design you like. Perhaps get a drone picture of your customer’s premises and then let us print it to a picture canvas – what a great gift! Or how about inviting a photographer to take local images and then gift these as a unique present.
It’s a Date
Desk diaries, desk calendars and wall planners are still as useful today as they were 20 years ago. The more time poor we become the more important it is to organise our time better.
But also think more outside the box – how about a diary that encourages you to improve your work/life balance a little more. How about a diary that invites you to set goals each month against certain criteria such as family, financial, personal and life.
We all know that Christmas is a time for giving so don’t be a scrooge, invest and reap the rewards this holiday season – we know you won’t regret it!